Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Am I a nana?



Am I a nana when:

1 I feel a draught coming from a crack in the window and wish I had one of those handy door snakes ( you know those long snake-like things your grandparents put along the bottom of the door to stop draughts).

2 I feel like shouting at the boyfriend to turn down his heavy metal and maybe put on something different altogether....maybe silence would be nice.

3 I get an urge to knit.

4 I don't want to drink beers with boyfriend and his mates, and instead sit inside and watch "all about steve" and drink tea.

5 That urge to knit - it's just so durn tempting right now....that and sewing.....sewing to make curtains to cover my draughty windows.....and to make a DOOR SNAKE!!! Yippeee!

6 I limit the amount of soda the kids drink befor bed because I fear they'll end up wetting the bed.

7 I whinge about everything. The lightbulb in my room blew lastnight, and I forgot to replace it today, but now, rather than hunt for a spare and repair it I'm just going to whinge about the fact I am sitting in a pitch black room listening to .....electronica now....the boyfriend likes a variety of music......(and though he would never admit it, he knows all the words to that whitney song from the bodygaurd, "I will always love you".....he was singing it today...i [heart] him immensely for that.)

8 I like talcum powder.

9 I prefer comfy flats to high heels - actually, this means nothing, I have an 89 year old grandmother who only wears heels when going out anywhere. She wouldn't be caught dead in jandals, and I can't for the life of me walk in a heel without looking like I'm being blown backwards by some imaginary cyclone.

10 I like to discuss my bowel movements.

4 comments:

  1. yes gemma it is offical you are a nana...... now go knit me an oversized jumper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps Bowel movements? My nana doesn't talk about poo. I think that might mean something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Door snake- hell, who DOESN'T want one? I remember when I was little it was my first choice in someone's toy box. Personally, I want some window-snakes too.

    (Knitting- I would like a scarf please) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! I can definately do the scarf Ninooo and I shall look for patterns, and errrr perhaps a class or two on how to make jumpers for Erica.

    ReplyDelete